Speaker Boehner recently questioned President Barack Obama’s plan to provide free community college for America’s students. Instead of asking how our nation can afford this, we should be asking how our students can afford not to pursue higher education. It doesn’t make sense that so many of our students have SLID into debt to secure a better future. We should help them pay for it to make America more competitive.
1. So you finally get accepted into college…
2. …But then you see how much it costs.
3. And if you don’t go….
4. Applying for student loans is really daunting…
5. …But you don’t want to hear this just because you don’t have a degree.
6. How blown away would you be if we told you the SLID Act could ease the burden of paying those loans back?
7. The SLID Act puts more money in your pocket so your life isn’t taken over by debt.
8. And that helps strengthen America’s economy.
9. How’s that for a tax break?